Gluten free recipe: pancakes with chestnut flour
Pancakes are a typical dessert from the United States. We all certainly have in mind this particular scene from some American movies where pancakes, served on top of each other like a small tower and covered in maple syrup, star as an indisputable protagonist in breakfast.
Pancakes are similar to crepes but thicker and softer. They are usually served with maple syrup, jam, or peanut butter. However, there are also salty versions with melted butter, eggs, and bacon.
This variant, delicate, Calabrian and completely gluten free, is very simple and fast to prepare.
Pancakes with chestnut flour: the ingredients
- 2 eggs
- 120 g of chestnut flour
- 200 ml of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of apple vinegar
- EVO oil
Pancakes with chestnut flour: the recipe
- Beat the eggs until they are frothy. Then, add chestnut flour little at a time and dilute the mixture with water until the dough is smooth and elastic, but not too liquid.
- Once the mixture is ready, add baking soda and apple vinegar.
- After heating a drizzle of EVO oil in a non-stick pan (preferably 10 cm in diameter), use a ladle and start pouring the mixture into the pan and cook for 5 minutes. When the edge starts to come off, turn the pancake. Repeat this process for all pancakes.